Thursday, October 25, 2012

Shannon's lit'l Smokies

These are a Christmas morning family tradition! Let me clarify that statement for my brother Mike, who once  said to me a few years ago after I told him I was making the "traditional Christmas morning breakfast".  

"What, since when are those traditional? We always have Egg Nog and Christmas cookies for breakfast Christmas morning"

These lit'l treats became part of our Christmas morning tradition when I became old enough to cook and Grandma saw these on tv and thought they would be a great breakfast treat and told me to make them.  I have been making them ever sense.  These are awesome and a perfect partner with Christmas cookies and Egg Nog! 

Ingredients:
1 roll of crescent rolls
1 pack of lit'l smokies

Unroll crescent rolls, take off the first 2 triangles 

Cut off a small triangle
*I don't like a lot of breading on my lit'l smokies, I can get about 5-6 smokies wrapped out of 1 triangle*

Wrap triangle around smokie

make sure all the ends are wrapped completely around so that the wrap stays together.

as you can see sometimes I just cut strips instead of triangles, those work just as well.

Just keep cutting and wrapping.

I can usually get 1 package of smokies wrapped out of 1 can of crescents, I usually have most of a crescent roll to make too. 

Bake at 350 for about 12 minutes our until nice and golden brown.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment