Monday, July 2, 2012

Great Aunt Dump's Spice Cookies

This recipe was giving to me by Aunt Diane form her Aunt Dump.  I have never made these cookies so let the fun begin!  I decided I like the cookies rolled out a little on the thick side, they are a nice light cookie.

Great Aunt Dump, Great Aunt Max and Grandma
(I love this picture because it makes Grandma look tall and she is 4'11") 

Ingredients:
1 1/2 cups sugar
2 eggs
1 cup shortening or butter
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp allspice
1 tsp cinnamon
1 cup sour milk = 1 cup milk + 1 tsp vinegar 
Enough flour to make a soft dough (I added 3 cups first and kept adding flour by the 1/2 cup until I got a soft dough.  I added 5 1/2 cups of flour)

 Sour milk = 1 cup milk + 1tsp vinegar

 add vinegar, mix and let stand for 10-15 mins

cream butter and sugar together

add in all other ingredients

Add enough flour until you get a soft dough

put some dough on a floured surface

  roll out about 1/4 in to 1/2 in

I added some extra cinnamon, sprinkle it on and then smooth it in

use a cookie cutter and cut out cookies

 place cookies on parchment paper lined baking sheet 
Bake at 400 for 8-10 minutes

let cookies cool

Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment