Sunday, June 24, 2012

Diane's Puppy Chow

I remember my mom and I visiting my Aunt Diane and family one summer and the 3 of us sitting around her living room when she asked us if we had ever had puppy chow.  I was like "maybe as a kid" thinking of how little kids sometimes eat pet food.  Little did I know she was talking about a tasty treat. She of course made up a batch the next night. I also remember the 3 of us couldn't stop eating this yummy concoction! 
This is my first time making the dish and while it is pretty simple it was a little messy, there was a light dusting of powdered sugar everywhere in the kitchen! 

Ingredients:
1/2 cup butter
1 1/2 cup peanut butter
1 (12 oz) package of chocolate chips
1 large box of rice Chex or Crispix cereal
3 cups of powder sugar

Over low heat melt butter and chocolate chips together

add in peanut butter and continue stirring until melted

Mixture should be smooth

In the biggest bowl you have pour in box of cereal

Pour melted mixture over cereal

Carefully stir/fold cereal and chocolate together, be careful not to crush cereal

In paper bag, pour half of powdered sugar in bottom

Pour in cereal and top with remainder of powdered sugar

Fold down bag and shake to coat cereal 
Keep checking to make sure everything is coated and that you don't have big cereal clumps

Enjoy!

Mom and Aunt Diane chillin'

No comments:

Post a Comment