Monday, May 28, 2012

Diane's Egg Rolls

This is the first time I have every deep fried anything! Let me tell you I was super nervous to fry.  I had my bag of flour on the counter at the ready in case of fire, luckily there was no issues and I would deep fry again! 

Ingredients:
Meat: You can use any kind of meat you like, I used shrimp
1 can of bean sprouts
1/4 onion
2 med carrots
1/2 cabbage
2 celery stalks
Seasonings to taste:
salt
pepper
soy sauce
garlic powder


 grate all the vegetables

Add in shrimp, I sauteed everything for about a minute, then let mixture cool

On a egg roll wrapper place a heaping tablespoon of mixture on corner

Roll corner over mixture

Fold corners over mixture to the center and roll until only a little corner shows

Use an egg yoke and brush it on the corner

seal egg roll

Use mixture to make all egg rolls

In a large pot, using candy thermometer and heat oil to deep frying temp

When oil reaches correct temp, carefully drop in a few egg rolls, you want to fry in small batches so that you don't over crowd the pot and lower the oil temperature to much

Carefully remove browned egg rolls and place egg rolls on a paper towel to soak up extra oil


Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment