Saturday, September 22, 2012

Diane's Chicken Tortilla Soup

This recipe always makes me laugh, my Mom has asked and received this recipe from my Aunt about 20 times.  I'm not sure what my Mom does with the recipe once she gets it but she loses it about an hour after she gets it.  Luckily my Aunt is always there to rescue her when she needs it again.  Fall is starting and for some reason I love the crock pot in the fall and I thought this would be perfect dish to make for dinner, and of course it was.


Ingredients:
4 chicken breasts
2 15oz cans black beans - undrained
2 15oz cans petite diced tomatoes - undrained
1 cup salsa
1 4oz can chopped green chilies - undrained
1 15oz can corn - undrained (oops I guess I forgot that)
1 15oz can tomato sauce
1 bag of tortilla chips

Lay the chicken breasts on the bottom of the crock pot

dump in the diced tomatoes and tomato sauce

dump in black beans and green chilies

dump in the salsa (and corn if you remember it luckily my salsa has corn)

Seriously it is that easily

put the crock pot on low and cook for 8 hours

take out the chicken

use 2 forks to shred the chicken

put the chicken back in to the crock pot

mix it up

serve it with tortilla chips and you can top it with sour cream and cheese if you want
Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment