Monday, November 12, 2012

Diane's Sleepover Cake

When Aunt Diane gave me this recipe I thought it was some awesome cake made for sleepovers, and I was bummed that my mom never made me a cake for sleepovers.  I was happy to learn that this cake wasn't something that I had been missing out on during sleepovers but that the sleepover part was talking about the cake itself.  It is a sleepover cake because the cake sleeps over in the fridge the night before you bake it! You're off the hook Mom!

Ingredients:
2 cups flour
1 cup sugar
1 cup buttermilk
2/3 cup butter
1/2 cup brown sugar lightly packed
2 eggs
2 Tbsp dry milk powder - I don't have this but I'm guessing creamer counts
1 Tbsp cinnamon
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt

Topping
1/2 cup brown sugar - lightly packed
1/2 cup pecans
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1/4 cup melted butter

*This recipe is for 9x13 cake but I halved it to make an 8x8*

Mix all dry ingredients together

Melt 2/3 cup butter

beat eggs into buttermilk

Mix butter, buttermilk and eggs into dry ingredients

pour into a greased pan

top with 1/2 cup brown sugar

top with 1/2 pecan pieces

put the cake in fridge for its sleepover

top with 1/4 cup melted butter

ready for the oven

bake at 350 for 30 minutes

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment